-
March 23rd, 2008, 04:58 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
saw this come up and thought the history was pretty cool. not mine, no affiliation. couldnt afford them anyway. sure are sweet!
555
-
March 23rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
They are very very nice.
Somehow I doubt his only ones known to exist claim.
And of course DeForest built permanent magnet drivers in 1923.
It's a shame Ebay dealers make such claims. Nice stuff stands on it's own.
-
March 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Yeah, either these or duplicates were for sale some years ago. Since I was then and now only interested in the field coil versions I ignored them. That, and I assumed they were latter day hack jobs since the welds look rather amateurish compared to the typical craftsmanship of the day. Not to mention the horn design is way too compromised compared to the various multi-cell designs.
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks